1. In this factory,suggestions often have to wait for months before they are fully _____.
A.admitted B.acknowledged C.absorbed D.considered
2. The boy slipped out of the room and headed for the swimming pool without his parents' _____.
A. command B. conviction C. consent D. compromise
3. Our research has focused on a drug which is so _____ as to be able to change brain chemistry.
A. powerful B. influential C. monstrous D. vigorous
4. The lost car of the Lees was found _____ in the woods off the highway.
A. vanished B. abandoned C. scattered D. rejected
5. Henry's news report covering the conference was so _____ that nothing had been omitted.
A.understanding B.comprehensible C.comprehensive D.understandable
6. She was afraid that unless the train speeded up she would lose her _____ to Scotland.
A. ticket B. place C. seat D. connection
7. The ship was _____ in a storm off Jamaica.
A. drowned B. sunk C. wrecked D. submitted
8. No one has _____ been able to trace the author of the poem.
A. still B. yet C. already D. just
9. More than one-third of the Chinese in the United States live in California, _____ in San Francisco.
A. previously B. predominantly C practically D. permanently
10. The new secretary has written a remarkably _____ report only in a few pages but with all the details.
A. concise B. clear C. precise D. elaborate